Job Title: Multi Drop Driver
Location: Tendercut House, Brickfield lane, Chandler’s Ford, SO53 4DP
Reporting to: Transport Manager/ General Manager
Responsible for: Not applicable
Working for Tendercut Meats:
Tendercut Meats are processors and packers of high quality own label and branded meats specialising in frozen lamb, pork, and other meat proteins. Everyone working for Tendercut Meats is expected to be familiar with and work in support of our mission and customer promise.
Our Mission is to provide the best range of frozen meat products. Our Customer Promise is that Tendercut Meats will consistently deliver an excellent performance to all customers by providing high quality products, innovation and first class service.
Main Purpose and scope of the role:
To deliver company products to customers in accordance with agreed procedures
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The control of products within the vehicle
- Ensure products that are loaded onto the vehicle are the correct products, referring errors to the loading team.
- On arrival at site after making deliveries immediately handover delivery paperwork to designated person/ department.
- On arrival at site after making deliveries ensure returns are signed off in accordance with Company procedures and all other associated documentation is completes in accordance with Company procedures.
- Conduct daily vehicle checks and inform members of Transport Management of any vehicle defects.
- Carry out documented pre-start procedures at commencement of each shift.
- Accurately undertake daily vehicle checks and complete all associated daily and weekly paperwork requirements as per existing and/or future amended procedures.
- Accurately complete written Defect Request Form in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure that vehicles are maintained daily to the required standard of cleanliness, both internally and externally.
- Maintain appropriate driving standard
- Prior to leaving site at the end of each shift, report to a member of Transport management in order to ascertain if other duties or tasks are required.
- Working any 6 days from 7.
- 05.30am to finish.
- Delivering between twenty to thirty drops per day
Company Initiatives and compliance
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- That all meat used us correct for the job.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required.
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; carry out any other responsible tasks as required by the company.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Valid UK Driving License
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A flexible approach to both duties and hours of work required.
This is a description of the role as it is presently constituted and is a summary of the main duties but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and/or updated regularly in discussion with the post holder or as organisational focus/needs change.