QA Auditor/ Assistant
MATERNITY COVER (6 MONTHS)
Up to £20,910.00
Monday – Friday but flexibility required
To ensure the safety and quality of all products through the documented examination and verification of activities, records and processes.
- To ensure the safety and quality of all products through the implementation of Site Food Safety & Quality Assurance systems
- To work effectively as part of the QA and Production teams
- To carry out QA and QC checks and tasks in all areas of the production chain including temperature, specification, weight, traceability, calibration, cleaning and tasting checks
- To ensure that all Food Safety control points identified via the HACCP system are fully monitored and controlled
- To ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures relating to Food Safety and Quality
- To monitor and assist in the provision of any staff training relating to Basic Food Hygiene, HACCP awareness, general induction, GMP and Health & Safety
- To liaise with the Production Department in matters relating to any quality or food safety issue
- To ensure effective investigation, prompt response and solutions to customer complaints/process issues
- To ensure that customer returns are monitored and investigated and appropriate analysis is given to the relevant departments and managers
- To maintain all certification schemes such as BRC and Red Tractor
- To assist in factory visits from customers and gaining and maintaining approval ratings
- To liaise with customer representatives in a professional manner
- To ensure that the Technical Manager/QA Manager is kept fully informed of all key issues and developments through regular informal and documented contact
- To monitor hygiene standards and take necessary corrective action
- To continually develop new initiatives to improve standards
- To carry out tasting of all species of meat. Participate in all species tasting panels and as part of complaint investigation
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- GSCE/A-levels + 1 year experience or Degree
- Food safety courses
- Quality systems courses
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- BRC Systems experience preferred
- Self- motivated and resilient
- Good attention to detail with organisational skills
- IT Literate
- Good communication skills
If you are interested in the above role please contact us on email at firstname.lastname@example.org