Our QA department are currently looking for an individual to join their team in Derby. Reporting to the QA Supervisor, the role will ensure the safety and quality of all products, through the implementation of Site BRC Food Safety and Quality Assurance systems.
The successful applicant of this role will:
- Carry out QA checks and audit tasks in all areas of the production chain, including temperature, specification, weight, traceability, calibration, cleaning, and tasting checks.
- Ensure all Food Safety control points identified via the HACCP system are fully monitored and controlled.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures relating to Food Safety and Quality.
- Monitor and assist in the provision of any staff training relating to Basic Food Hygiene, HACCP awareness, general induction, GMP and Health & Safety.
- Ensure effective investigation and prompt response to customer complaints.
- Ensure customer returns are monitored and investigated.
- Assist in factory visits from customers, liaising with customer representatives in a professional manner.
- Carry out tasting of all species of meat.
In addition to the above, the QA Auditor will also draft Fairfax and customer specifications; analyse database systems for trends/customer requests/quality improvement projects; create product labels and deputise for the QA Supervisor.
This role requires good analytical and inter-personal skills.
To be successful in the role you will have good attention to detail, with excellent organisational and communication skills. You will need to be IT literate, and experience or a qualification in food hygiene and food safety would be an advantage. You will need to be a resilient individual, with the ability to work on your own but also as part of a team, with the ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.