We supply meat products, mainly chilled, to a wide variety of customers; restaurants, pubs, hotels, cruise ships, schools, airlines and care homes;
In this role you may be picking, scanning and using Digi for the collation of customer chilled and frozen orders.
Whatever job you are doing you will be helping us to put great meat on the table, whilst ensuring that the safety, quality, and legality of the products are achieved and maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- To ensure that correct products are picked in line with customer specifications and quantity, in the required packaging and with the correct label and weight.
- To label products using BT numbers and country of origin.
- To ensure that all weighing scales used are checked and updated every day prior to shift start.
- To complete all necessary paperwork i.e. metal detection/label sheets.
- To complete Phase 2/3 stock.
- To ensure that picking and scanning is completed as required.
- Tidy as you go approach - ensuring all cleaning procedures are carried out diligently to maintain good hygiene.
- To inform the Factory/Production Manager of any defects in products, labelling etc.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties allocated by the Factory/Production Manager or other senior company employee.
- Assisting in other areas of production and warehouse operations as required to meet the needs of the business.
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Good knowledge of food hygiene is advantageous; however, full training will be given.
- Manual handling
- Basic Maths & English for picking/splitting orders, checking numbers and scanning
- Food manufacturing / warehouseexperience; wet/cold working environment and some fridge/freezer environment.
- Good working knowledge of food hygiene is advantageous; however, full training will be given.
- H&S Qualification
- Scanning System knowledge
- IT literate
- 28 days holiday which rises to 33 subject to length of service.
- Discounted staff shop where you can purchase a wide range of meat products at a discounted price
- Employee store discounts
- Group Life assurance
- Share save scheme
- Overtime available to meet customer demand around seasonal peaks
14:00pm to 23:00pm
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com