Fairfax Meadow is one of the UK's leading catering butchers; with over 40 years experience providing Meat & Poultry to the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel Trade. We are proud of our people and believe they are a key factor for our continued success.
The Health & Safety Advisors role is to provide practical and timely advice on all Health and Safety issues across the Operations. The role is to ensure we are compliant with all Health and Safety legislation and operational issues offering effective guidance and support in ensuring good practice is in place at all times. The successful candidate must be able to educate and influence others and develop this through working in partnership with key stakeholders.
THE ROLE HOLDER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Carrying out and completing risk assessments (Process, Workplace Transport, CoSHH, Manual Handling , PUWER etc)
- Assisting sites / reviewing the standard of accident investigations
- Ensuring Depots adopt appropriate Health and Safety targets and standards for their own areas of responsibility in the control of loss and operation of best safety practice
- Developing and implementing all Health and Safety associated policies and procedures, amending and updating as required
- Ensuring the Health and Safety policies and procedures are adopted by the business and its various operations as appropriate.
- Attending Health and Safety Meetings
- Delivering Health and Safety Training to all UK sites
- Developing Health and Safety presentations.
Monitoring and auditing safety performance in regards to:
- Internal safety systems
- Statutory requirements
- Industry benchmark standards UK
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with appropriate representatives of the HSE / LA and any other appropriate external bodies.
- Assessing the competence of external contractors and maintaining the approved contractor listing.
- Compiling written briefs to update the business on changes to legislation, codes of practice, industry best practice or other sources
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required.
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have the following;
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a H&S Role
- Previous experience of Health & Safety within industry, ideally transport and logistics but not essential
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Computer literate with a good understanding of MS office applications
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage their own time effectively
- Willing to travel as required within the UK
- Thorough understanding of current Health & Safety Legislation and its implementation within the workplace
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Member of IOSH preferable TechIOSH
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org