Fairfax Meadow is one of the UK's leading catering butchers; with over 40 years experience providing Meat & Poultry to the Pub, Restaurant and Hotel Trade. We are proud of our people and believe they are a key factor for our continued success.
To deliver company products to customers in accordance with agreed procedures. To show a commitment to food safety, legality, quality and integrity.
- The control of products within the vehicle.
- Ensure products that are loaded onto the vehicle are the correct products, referring errors to the loading team.
- On arrival at site after making deliveries immediately handover delivery paperwork to designated person/department.
- On arrival at site after making deliveries ensure returns are signed off in accordance with Company procedures and all other associated documentation is completed in accordance with Company procedures.
- Conduct daily vehicle checks and inform member of Transport Management of any vehicle defects.
- Carry out documented pre-start procedures at commencement of each shift.
- Accurately undertake daily vehicle checks and complete all associated daily and weekly paperwork requirements as per existing and/or future amended procedures and ensure that vehicles are maintained daily to the required standard of cleanliness, both internally and externally.
- Ensure vans are cleaned internally according to company guidelines using all equipment’s provided
- Accurately complete written Defect Request Form in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure all electrical cables are stored safely and correctly on site
- Ensure that vehicles are maintained daily to the required standard of cleanliness, both internally and externally.
- Maintain appropriate driving standard.
- Prior to leaving site at the end of each shift, report to a member of Transport management in order to ascertain if other duties or tasks are required.
- Working any 5 days from 7. Hours according to the schedule
- Delivering between twenty to thirty drops per day
- Ensure schedule is adhered to using Optimo Drivers’ App and mobile phone. Any changes or failures to be reported to Transport and Sales departments
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- That all meat used is correct for the job.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to your role; carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Valid UK Full Driving License
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A flexible approach to both duties and hours of work is required
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, rises to 33 days subject to length of service.
- Discounted staff shop where you can purchase a wide range of meat products at a discounted price
- Employee store discounts
- Group Life assurance
- Share save scheme
Various shifts, predominately early starts.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org