We supply meat products, mainly chilled, to a wide variety of customers; restaurants, pubs, hotels, cruise ships, schools, airlines and care homes;
In this role you may be unpacking raw material ready for our butchers to prepare it, or you could be loading materials into machines that make burgers, sausages, koftas or mince, you might be packing product into containers to weight and quantity specifications and putting these packs through the packaging machines or you could be collating product onto pallets ready to move to the warehouse.
Whatever job you are doing you will be helping us to put great meat on the table, whilst ensuring that the safety, quality, and legality of the products are achieved and maintained to the highest standards at all times.
- Under the guidance of the Team Leader / Production Manager, ensure that each product specification is followed, and any anomalies are reported immediately.
- To adhere to rules and regulations and good practices with regard to health and safety, food hygiene and quality standards.
- To ensure that any production targets set by the Team Leader / Production Manager are met; or if this is not possible, shortfalls are reported to the relevant person in a timely manner
- To maintain a high-quality product focusing on increasing yield and reducing wastage.
- To maintain a clean and tidy area (work, changing room, canteen etc), meeting both safety and hygiene regulations of the site
- To wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment at all times within the Production Area
- Carry out training commensurate with the area including regular refresher/update training as and when required
- To report any equipment defects immediately to the Team Leader / Production Manager
- To behave in a safe and appropriate manner at all times
- To assist during internal/ external audits as required
- Adhere to all Company Rules and Policies and fully comply with all health and safety requirements
- To maintain high levels of work performance including attendance, timekeeping etc.
COMPANY INITIATIVES AND COMPLIANCE
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
- 1 year’s experience in a food related background preferred.
- Food safety course. Manual handling
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- BRC systems experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resilient.
- Good attention to detail with organisational skills.
- Good communication skills
- 28 days holiday which rises to 33 subject to length of service.
- Discounted staff shop where you can purchase a wide range of meat products at a discounted price
- Employee store discounts
- Group Life assurance
- Share save scheme
- Overtime available to meet customer demand around seasonal peaks
Patterns of work can be 6:00am-16:00pm, 7:00am-17:00pm, 8:00am-18:00pm
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org